Saturday, April 24, 2010

What should i do if i have a lighter skin color on my face?

I have this lighter skin color that is about one inch that runs down from the end of my eye to my cheek. Do u think if i apply sunblock on my entire face and leave out that lighter spot, it would even out my skin color? I tried it but it doesnt seem to be working. Im out in the sun all day becuz i play sports alot. Any tips on how i can fix this skin color problem? And does anyone know what this disorder is called? Thanks alot

What should i do if i have a lighter skin color on my face?
It is called Vitiligo. My daughter has the same problem but, in a different location on her body. It is usually completely harmless but, you should still mention it to your doctor.


There are treatment options such as steroid creams. I wouldn't try staying out in the sun because not only is the sun bad for your skin but, I have noticed in my daughter's situation that she will NOT tan where her patch of Vitiligo is. So, in actual reality, tanning would make the patch of skin stand out even more.


If it does bother you, then like I said, mention it to your doctor. Here is a link about it: http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/vitil...


Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment