Monday, November 16, 2009

What is the medical name of the skin disorder that causes lumpy scars with very smooth and shiny skin.?

I think it might be called Keloids.





I'm not sure, but I have the same condition. When I was 5 I was playing and cut my knee really badly, about a 3 inch long 1/2 inch wide cut. Needless to say I had to get stitches. I learned latter that it was done by a medical student not a doctor or even a nurse, apparently I was his first ever stitch job. The result is a big smooth, shinny scar which probably can only be fixed by surgery (which I would never do). Its been 12 years and I still have the bloody scar. I can still clearly make out the individual stitch marks. Any ways the lesson of the story is: never get a newbie to stitch you unless you want a scar for the rest of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment