Monday, November 16, 2009

What is cellulite and is there a treatment for that skin disorder?

Cellulite is simply the "cottage cheese" appearance that occurs primarily on the thighs and buttocks but occasionally elsewhere. Women generally have a worse problem with cellulite than men. Cellulite is essentially just fat, and the dimpled appearance is due to the way the fat collects beneath the skin. It is very hard to get rid of.





However, I did notice that after I lost weight by watching what I ate and exercizing daily, and I slimmed down to a tiny size 3, most of my cellulite disappeared. I have gained ten pounds since then and some of it is back. I would like to think that the various anti-cellulite "skin firming" creams the sell in drugstores would work, but I don't think they really do. As for the high-priced cellulite treatments they perform in spas, the improvement is termporary, minimal, and very expensive.





The best thing to do if you have cellulite is to exercize regularly, eat healthy foods, and wear clothes that cover it up!

What is cellulite and is there a treatment for that skin disorder?
Cellulite is not a skin disorder. It's a dimpling of the skin from fat cells below. As for "treatment"...good luck! Lose weight? I've tried for years, and truthfully, it doesn't really go away. Besides, I'd rather deal with a person and not worry about what they look like or what their bodily "faults" are.


No comments:

Post a Comment